Chinese sex herbs are used by practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine to enhance libido or to alleviate sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction in men. Like all herbal remedies, Chinese sex herbs are usually preferred over prescription medications because they are natural products. These herbs are not associated with the adverse side effects that are common with prescription drugs like Viagra, Cialis and Levitra. The side effects from these drugs include visual disturbances, heart irregularities and priapism (an erection that lasts for more than four hours).
As natural alternatives to prescription drugs, Chinese sex herbs have been used safely for centuries in China and have increasingly attracted attention from health-conscious individuals in the West over the past several decades.
What Is Traditional Chinese Natural Sex Medicine?
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a holistic health practice that originates from ancient Chinese philosophy. It views the body as one interconnected organism which functions based on the Yin and Yang balance. This is different from Western medicine, which sees the body as a function of different organs. Yin and Yang are in charge of maintaining inner harmony, balance, and well-being. They are different but complementary forces. In Western medicine, they are defined as the catabolic and anabolic forces. TCM believes that the imbalance between the Yin and Yang is what brings about discomforts, and as such, all TCM practices are aimed at restoring the balance between the Yin and Yang.
The other most popular and important tenet of TCM is the Qi. Qi is the energy of life that is found everywhere in the universe. From a health perspective, it is the vital energy that flows through your body, and it is generated as a result of the interaction between Yin and Yang. Every organ in the body has its own type of Qi that it uses to function. Qi is also believed to improve the immune system and protect it from pathogens. Therefore, Traditional Chinese Medicine promotes holistic health by supporting Yin, Yang, and Qi balance. Treatment also focuses on an individual organ’s Qi and how it affects the body, thereby taking a holistic treatment approach.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is composed of different practices like acupuncture, Tai Chi, and traditional Chinese herbal medicine. However, our main focus for this article is traditional Chinese herbs. Traditional Chinese herbal medicine has a long history that dates back to 12 Century AD. Herbal medicine is believed to be used for many conditions, including sexual health-related issues.
Traditional Chinese Medicine And Sex
Sexual function, in Chinese Medicine, is seen as a part of the Kidney Organ System. Every aspect of the Kidney Organ System, including the Yang, Yin, and Jing, plays an important role in healthy sexual functioning. The decline of sexual function is thereby, almost always, connected to a decline of Kidney health—at least, in terms of how Chinese Medicine defines health.
The Kidney Yang, known as the Life Gate in Chinese Medicine, we often depict here at Heaven & Earth as the pilot light of your body. It is responsible for all the fires within the body. Perhaps another good analogy would be the spark that lights a forest fire. Without the Kidney Yang burning hot, every aspect of the metabolism will diminish, including the digestion, but more on topic here, the libido and the ability to become aroused. In so many words, a persons’ fire cannot get lit. Not only that, but fluids will not circulate either, into the proper zones, thereby diminishing arousal, performance, feeling, and from there, the ability to have an orgasm.
Another important aspect of the Kidneys is the Yin. This is the opposite of the Yang, being the cooling ability of the body. Think of it as your internal “air conditioner”, as well as the fluids that hydrate and moisten the tissues. Depleted Yin tends to affect women more than men. A woman may experience problems with their immune, making infections commonplace. We often talk of your immune in terms of the “exterior walls” of your body (Wei Chi), protecting you from outside influences.
Yet, here at Heaven & Earth, we often think of the Yin as just an important aspect of your immune system because its’ influence on the whole internal ecosystem of your body is extreme. Systemic inflammation is often the result of depleted Yin. In Chinese Medicine, we call this Yin Fire or Kidney Yin Deficiency with Deficiency Fire. Think of this problem as a car overheating because it doesn’t have enough coolant. When the body overheats, even on a minor level, which is often how Yin Deficiency presents itself, the body becomes a “Petrie dish”. With too much heat, a person can become the perfect environment for microbes to grow, and from there, an optimum environment for infections to take place. Another aspect of Yin Deficiency, especially in terms of the decline of sexual function for women, is vaginal dryness which can make the act of sex quite uncomfortable and unpleasant, even painful.
The Kidney Jing, directly translated as “Essence”, perhaps one of the most obscure ideas within Chinese Medicine right next to the Yin (Fluids) may be the most important aspect connected to sexual function decline. Here at Heaven and Earth, we often equate the Jing/Essence to the actual seminal fluids of any man, and the eggs of a woman, but it could be truly more than that. It may be linked to your literal DNA, which of course, is within every single cell of a human being. It’s a vital substance, responsible for the life-cycle growth and aging changes of any individual, including your growth as a child and how well (or not) you age. If the Jing/Essence is weak or becomes depleted, you can expect a decline in sexual function. Fertility as well will most certainly suffer.
Chinese Sex Medicine Basics & Men’s Health
Male sexual health is concerned with a man’s state of well-being that allows them to take part in and enjoy satisfying sexual activity. It takes into consideration factors like social, physical, and psychological factors. Good male sexual health entails the ability to maintain an erection, enjoy sex, and have a healthy sexual desire for one’s partner. However, this is not always the case, and there are prevalent issues that affect men’s sexual health.
There are many types of sexual health issues that commonly affect men. They may be caused by physical, emotional, or psychological factors. The leading causes of sexual dysfunction include prescription medication like antidepressants, alcohol or drug use, smoking, anxiety, stress, surgeries, trauma, low testosterone, blood vessel disorders, depression, and poor communication, among others.
When it comes to treating men’s health conditions, Chinese medicine takes the entire body into consideration. In many cases there is an underlying imbalance that leads to illness, stress, or pain. To combat these issues, herbal formulas bring the body back into balance and encourage the body’s own healing processes. We call it Natural Remedies for Men’s Health.
Chinese medicine offers solutions for many health concerns with a natural and simple-to-use approach. With the use of targeted or preventative herbal supplements, men can enjoy a long and active life free from the discomfort of urinary issues, cardiovascular conditions, and pain.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is the failure to get an erection or sustain it for the duration necessary for satisfying sexual intercourse. It may be caused by depression, low testosterone, stress, nerve disorders, penis injuries, and other lifestyle factors such as drug abuse. It is a common issue among men aged 40 and above. Western medicine treats erectile dysfunction with tablets, devices, and injections to the penis.
On the other hand, Chinese medicine takes a more natural route with herbs that are historically known to support erectile function. TCM attributes erectile function to harmony between the kidney Yin Yang and the liver Qi.
According to limited and inconclusive scientific research, some Chinese herbal medicine might help with “erectile function by supporting the nitric oxide synthase (NOS)-cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) pathway, and cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) expression, supporting testosterone production, intracellular Ca2+ concentration, and transforming growth factor β1 (TGFβ1)/Smad2 signaling pathway” These normal processes are vital intracellular signals that occur in the corpus cavernosum for erection health.
Causes of Male Sexual Issues in Chinese Medicine
Special Herbs for Men’s Health TCM Herbs That Support Erectile Health
|Kidney Deficiency and ED||Any appropriate tonic formula that contains Kidney tonic herbs will likely be beneficial to a man’s sexual health; many who choose to take Return to Spring formula for their hair loss are happy to report this unexpected side effect! Although some of the herbs used have immediate beneficial effects, the core herbal Tonics that address underlying deficiencies take time to repair the different bodily functions. Tonics should be used throughout our aging years to prevent the progression of chronic illnesses and to insure that we are able to fully enjoy all of the years of our life as a whole sexual person.|
|Kidney Essence Deficiency and Male Sexual Health||The main symptom of Kidney Essence Deficiency for men would be a lifetime of low sexual drive. Poor sperm quality and malformation of the male sexual organs would also point to Essence Deficiency.|
|Kidney Yin Deficiency and Male Sexual Healthyang topical essential oils||Possible indications of Yin Deficiency in men can include Deficient Heat signs such as thirst at night, night sweats, hot flashes, tinnitus, nocturnal sperm leakages, or hyper-sexuality. An additional symptom of Yin Deficiency for men would be a strong sex drive but premature ejaculation.|
|Kidney Yang Deficiency and ED||Yang Deficiency leading to male sexual problems would have several indications which could include cold testes, soreness and weakness in the lower back and knees, poor memory, hearing and hair loss, loose teeth, aversion to cold and cold extremities. A clear sign of Yang Deficiency is the inability to achieve and maintain an erection.|
|Kidney-Heart Imbalances and Male Sexual Health||Blood flow is vital for maintaining a healthy erection for men. The Heart influences Blood circulation throughout the body, and lack of proper circulation can be detrimental to not only a man’s general wellness, but to his sexual performance as well. One clear indication of advanced Blood Stagnation for men would be pain of the testicles or groin, whereas numbness and tingling in the hands or feet would be seen during the earlier stages.|
|Kidney-Liver Imbalances and Male Sexual Health||The Liver channel traverses the testicles and male sexual organs and the proper flow of Qi and Blood through the Liver acupuncture meridian is essential for a male to have proper sexual function. Any issue with ejaculation points to Liver congestion. A man with pent-up stress from chronic Liver Qi Stagnation will possibly have the need to ejaculate often. A major symptom of Liver congestion is easy anger and a feeling of frustration often.|
|Dampness Impeding the Free Flow of Qi and Blood and ED||When the Spleen energetic organ (TCM) is impaired, Internal Dampness can accumulate in the body blocking the flow of Qi and Blood necessary for a man to function sexually, possibly blocking the ability to maintain an erection. One symptom of Internal Dampness in a man would be prostate issues, while another may be seminal emissions during urination: More indication of Internal Dampness. Consider our organic Restore the Middle Way formula!|
|Aging and Sexual Decline||Chinese medicine recognizes that men’s sexual drive declines over time; this is because the aging process leads to the consumption of Kidney Yin and Essence, or Jing. One can slow this process by practicing good lifestyle practices regularly. These would include acupressure self-care, Qigong exercises, tonic herbs, healthy dietary practices, and daily meditation.|
|Hyper-sexuality and Heart Heat||A low sex drive or A-sexuality would be considered abnormal in Chinese medicine, but so too would a very high sex drive. A relatively hyper-sexual drive may be a sign of Heart Heat which may lead to heart disease and/or high blood pressure over time. Apply the Fire Element Acupressure Stick to Acupressure Point Heart 8|
|Trauma Leading to Impotence||Trauma, surgery, pharmaceutical medications and other external forces that can contribute to ED are not as well addressed with Chinese medicine as indications of natural decline, but can be considered. Certainly, with trauma and surgery, herbs that improve circulation are going to speed healing and lead to improved outcomes.|
The following are important herbs used for erection health in our popular formulas for men’s health conditions:
- Ginkgo Biloba – This herb is widely known for its neuroprotective and vasoprotective supporting properties. One of its extracts, EGb761, studied by researchers may help preserve the neural nitric oxide synthase positive nerve fibers after injury. There are also studies to evaluate noncontact erection in rats.
- Chinese Lovage (Lingusticum sinense) – This herb is normally used for its analgesic and cardiovascular supportive properties. In an In-Vivo study carried out on rabbits, Lingusticum sinense was reported to nourish the cavernosal smooth muscle.
- Ginseng – This is one of the most popular Chinese herbs that has been used for thousands of years. It has numerous supportive properties, including cell-cycle control, healthy inflammation response, and antioxidant properties. A limited and inconclusive 2012 study reported Ginseng helps with healthy erectile function in men.
- Desert Broomrape (Cistanche deserticola) – This herb is known for its neuroprotective and antioxidant-supporting properties. It is used to help support the function of male and female reproductive and anal systems. Broomrape contains androgen helping nutrients and a limited 2016 study, reports sperm count and sperm motility in rats. It also helps maintain normal progesterone and testosterone levels.
- Tribulus – Its fruit has a long history of supporting healthy sexual libido. There aren’t any conclusive studies on how it works, though some studies have alluded to its ability to help natural androgen responding processes.
- Dodder (Cuscutae spp.) – This herb is normally used to support seminal emission and erection. The Chinese have used it for thousands of years. It is known to help kidney-yang balance and benefit androgen receptor genes and testosterone.
- Cnidium – This botanical is normally used in TCM to support normal erectile function, fertility, and healthy sexual drive. A limited inconclusive study carried out in rabbits using extracts of Cnidium fruit reports positive health benefits on the corpus cavernosum (one of two columns of spongy tissue that runs through the shaft of the penis and contains blood vessels that fill with blood making an erection).
- Dong Quai (Angelica sinesis) – In TCM, it is used for minor pain support and for healthy blood circulation. Its potential nutritional mechanism of support for erectile function is helping with natural NOS regulation.
- Morinda – It is used in TCM to support the reproductive system and joint health. A limited and inconclusive 2015 study reports on sexual performance and testosterone levels in rats.  Another limited mice study investigates Morinda and its support in kidney yang nutrition and also reports on sexual behavior and healthy testosterone levels.
- Lycium – This botanical is known to have multiple health-supporting properties and is commonly used with blood circulation, fertility, and immune systems. The antioxidative nutrients of Lycium in the support of healthy cavernous nerve recovery were reported in this limited and inconclusive 2016 study.
- Shu di huang/ Rehmannia root (prepared) – Shu di huang is a deep black root that is known for strongly tonifying the Kidney. This helps to improve urinary issues, sleep issues, and prevent premature aging.
- Wang bu liu xing/ Vaccaria seeds – Wang bu liu xing is a tiny seed known for improving prostate and urinary health. It is the main ingredient in formulas that treat issues like enlarged prostate.
- Shan zha/ Hawthorn fruit – Shan zha is dried hawthorn fruit. Most known for its beneficial effect on the Heart, it also enters the Kidney channel where, due to its astringent quality, helps the body to retain Essence (or Jing). For this reason it is often added to formulas that support the Kidney.
- Ba ji tian/ Morinda root – A milder Kidney yang tonic used in formulas that strengthen the Kidney in a more general, balanced way.
Herbs that specifically tonify Kidney yang to address sexual function concerns:
- She Chuang Zi/ cnidium seed – Warms the Kidney and tonifies yang to address impotence and infertility in men and women
- Yin yang huo/ Horny goat weed – Tonifies Kidney yang and strengthens the libido. In men it is used to address Kidney yang deficiency that presents with sexual disorders such as impotence, lack of sexual desire, incomplete erection, premature ejaculation, spermatorrhea, and low sperm count.
- Xian mao/ Curculigo – Strongly warms the Kidney and tonifies yang to address urinary incontinence, polyuria, and impotence in men
- Suo yang/ Cynomorium – Tonifies Kidney yang (and to a milder extent augments jing (essence) and builds blood). Commonly used to address male impotence.
Our Top Recommendation:
If you desire optimal health and erectile function,optimal health and high libido,Herbs That Support Men’s Fertility,TCM Herbs That Counter Premature Ejaculation,help with ejaculation health
we recommend trying following amazing product:
They are all the best male enhancement pills that work,wholesale best top rated male enhancement pills,chinese male enhancement products, Rhino7 over the counter male enhancement pills china suppliers,male enhancer capsules reviews,wholesale cheap herbal sex capsules,natural male enlargement pills,African Superman best male enhancer pills reviews,cheap male sex pills,effective male sex enhancers.Male enhancement, impotence, traditional Chinese medicine terms, refers by means of diet, medication, acupuncture, massage, exercise etc. to increase the male positive atmosphere, to improve kidney, strong positive health, enhance sexual performance,then reach to the increase libido purposes,men tonifying Yang is the performance of pursuit higher living quality.